Last week I posted five free rainy/wintery day ideas to try away from home. Here are five fun rainy day ideas to try from the comfort of home.
6) Games. Pull out some you did not think your kids were old enough for (our youngest son was playing chess at four), or, some that have been moth-balled. If you don’t have the time or energy to play along with them, pull out the old family favorites that you don’t have to teach them the rules for.
7) Build a fort. The great thing about forts is that it can be torn down and made better or bigger. Hours of fun to build and then enjoy.
8) Share a hobby. You’ve been working away on something you like to do for years. Why not share it with your kids now? Teach them a skill, and get them excited about something you are excited about.
9) Craft time. Painting, coloring, plasticine, cutting and pasting, the ideas are limitless, the supplies needed are often simple. Plenty of websites are available to give you ideas.
10) Its only rain. Go out and enjoy it!
Oh, and happy birthday, number two child! Tomorrow is his big day and I can't wait.