Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Video Challenge

At the risk of grinding momentum for Dads UnLimited to a halt, I break out of routine after only one day!  We will get back on track, but due to timing, holidays, other people's schedules, etc, I am posting this today.

So, one video begot another.

The first one, the one from Saturday was my attempt to join the reflections postings parade over at A-to-Zchallenge.com .  When Lee, one of the intrepid and untiring leaders of the challenge, and chief cook and blogger-washer at both A-Z and his personal blog , saw my first attempt, he did what Lee always does.  He encouraged me.  You just shouldn't feed the seagulls, though Lee, those things become pests!

What followed then was a dozen emails back and forth and then this second video

So, what?  Well, I'm done.

But you're not.

Maybe you can do something bigger better or bolder than mine.  Maybe you just want to try.  Ask a twelve year old, they can do something like I did in just an hour or two.  They can do something better than I did in twenty minutes or less too, if they have the right program.  They can likely find the right program, pirate it off the internet onto their smartphone (paid for with your money), figure it out and create something inside of that twenty minutes.  

But it doesn't have to be about better.  It does have to be about fun, and creative and inspiring and new and just go-ahead-and-try-it-you-don't-know-what-you've-got-till-you've-tried!
Check out A-to-ZChallenge.com for all the details of what's in it for you!  Promote your video. Put it on Youtube, link to it in your emails, post it on your blog, link to it on Facebook, you'll think of something, you always do!  

Please, please leave me a comment.  32 people showed up here on Saturday and only six left a comment, oh, there was that one spammer too...

Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch... nothings being sold, just promoting a really great way to write, meet, network and enjoy the blogging community!

12 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Looks great! And thanks for those kind words--they encourage me as well.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ron .. as Lee says - looks good .. and a different take on the A - Z challenge ..

Cheers for now - and I'm looking forward to it .. Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Is that what we are seeing tomorrow on the site?

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

I actually don't know what the full details are...but Lee asked to put this up ahead of time so he could link over here too. So, partially yes, full details tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Sounds like Randy Newman singing. Thanks Ron for putting this together.

Join Us For Breakfast said...

hi Ron, I'm commenting :)
but not committing to the a-z challenge
haven't blogged since last Easter
not a priority :)
But, I enjoy reading yours so please keep it up.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

It's great Ron, though sad to say I am not too good at videoing.
But it is a novel way to promote this wonderful challenge.

Yvonne.

Dennis and Valerie said...

Ok, I confess. I came on Saturday and didn't comment. :)

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks for joining my happy band of followers. much appreciated.

Yvonne.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Cute video; I liked the singer.

Li said...

Just got here (a little late). I love how the A to Z is just expanding upward and outward all of the time! Of course, with so many talented and creative people on board, it's no surprise...

Rek Sesh said...

Since this contest (kind of) is open till march...maybe I get get some pictures of mine into a A-Z video. Thanks for the tips.